BRUNO MANUEL DA SILVA RIBEIRO
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Mobile: +55 71 99200-6812
42 years old - Portuguese - Single
Available nationally and internationally
General Manager with experience in large operations in premium hotels, business planning and consolidated marketing. A communicator at all levels, being a structured leader focused on service excellence and financial results, EBITDA.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Qualified professional with solid experience in the opening and corporate operation of 5 star hotels, implementing of food and beverage operations, development of strategies for reducing operating costs.
Key results from past companies can be seen in the growth of annual EBITDA, GOP, average occupancy rate higher than designed, an increase in the overall revenue percentage, cost control and an increase in the profit of drinks and beverages.
Professional with a profile focused on results, being argumentative, a pacifist and detail oriented.
Higher Education - Bachelor in Hotel Management. Escola Hotelaria e Turismo do Porto, Portugal. (Hospitality and Tourism School of Porto - Portugal.) Completed in 1997.
• Graduate in Revenue Management - Cornell University, USA
• Enneagram - Brazil
• Leadership and Emotional Intelligence Seminar - Kronberg Group, Brazil
• Professional Development Program “Financial Management in Hospitality” - Cornell University, USA
• Native Portuguese
• Fluent English
• Fluent Spanish
• Fluent French
- Operating Systems: GesRest POS, WinRest, New Hotel, Fidelio, Micros, Timon, CM Net.
- Microsoft Windows system.
- Office: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Internet Explorer.
Emiliano Hotels, 5*, Brazil
2017 to 2019 - General Manager
- Responsible for the general management of Emiliano Rio, a member of Leading Hotels of the World, Rio de Janeiro, 90 rooms, butler service, 1 gastro restaurant, 2 bars, conference and event facilities for 200 people, SPA, fitness center and beach service.
- Responsible for general property management: operational, financial and sales.
- Improvement and training of the team with a strong investment plan, focusing on training of product knowledge, international languages, company culture and preparation for growth and its future.
- Customer Satisfaction in 2018 reached 92%, on a scale of 0-100%, obtained from the compilation of the various distribution channels: social media, reservation sites and customer comments under the Leading Hotels of the world customer satisfaction program.
- 87% Leading Quality Assurance in 2018, on a 0-100% scale, a quality program that inserts Leading Hotels of the World mystery customer audits.
GJP Hotels & Resorts, 5*, Brazil
2012 to 2017– General Manager
- Responsible for the general management of the WISH Resort Golf Convention Foz do Iguaçu unit, with 215 rooms, 5 points of sale, banquets and events for up to 1,200 people.
- Responsible for project development and preparation of all operational tasks and issues related to new hotel openings and rebranding of existing ones.
- Follow up with the general managers of the hotels of the group regarding the guest satisfaction survey and all operational issues in each property, advising and guiding on the objectives and goals of the company in general.
- Responsible for opening the Sheraton Hotel Bahia (a GJP franchise), with 284 rooms, 4 points of sale, banquets for 500 people, performing pre-opening activities, implementation of all rules and procedures, hiring and training of all employees.
Sana Hotels, 5*, Portugal, Germany and Angola
2010 to 2012 - Food and Beverages Manager
- Responsible for defining all pre-opening, deployment and training tasks for all standard hotel operating procedures, development of all F&B standards, hiring and training of all staff.
- Active participation with the general manager in the selection of senior personnel, updating of facilities, evaluation of procedures and contracts, training and development of personnel.
- Performance at the inauguration of the EPIC SANA Hotel in Luanda, with 238 rooms and 50 residences, 8 points of sale, banquets for 1000 people, performing high level general management processes, including the review of business strategy and operational performances.
- Inauguration of the Excellence SANA Silver Coast Hotel in Portugal, an 80-room boutique hotel, with 3-points of sale, 100-person banquet, aligning all financial goals for the first year of operation with the hotel general manager.
- Acting as project manager at the inauguration of the Excellence SANA Berlin & Residences hotel, with 166 rooms and 42 residences, 3 points of sale, banquet for 160 people defining all pre-opening tasks, the creation of the food and beverage department, the implementation of all standards and procedures, supporting the hotel general manager to align all operational adjustments.
Djibouti Palace Kempinski Hotel, 5*, Djibouti Republic
2008 to 2010 - Food and Beverages Manager
- Responsible for restructuring the hotel's food and beverage sector, greeting guests and a 5% cost reduction through the ABC costing principle.
- Acted in the inauguration of the second phase of the hotel, with the development of food and beverage concepts in the area.
PDR Marriot Golf & Beach Resort, 5*, Portugal
2006 to 2008 - Food and Beverages Manager
- Restructuring of all food and beverage sectors.
Privilege Blau Porto Petro Beach Resort & Spa Hotel, 5*, Spain
2006 - Food and Beverages Manager
Hotel Timor, 4*, Timor-East
2005 to 2006 - Food and Beverages Manager
Vila Sol SPA & Golf Resort, 5*, Leading Hotels of the World, Portugal
2004 to 2005 - Assistant Food and Beverages Manager
Hotel Vila Galé Ampalius, 4*, Portugal
2002 to 2004 - Assistant to General Management
Hotel Cumberland, 4*, England
2000 to 2002 - Restaurant Manager
Grupo Visabeira Turismo, Portugal
1999 to 2000 - Operational Manager
Gaia Hotels SA Group, Portugal
1997 to 1999 - Assistant General Manager
Pousada dos Loios, 5*, Portugal
1997 - Assistant General Manager
Available upon request